CALSA: Redefining Leadership
CALSA is just one of the many organizations ACSA partners with. Learn more about CALSA by watching this video! Mission The California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators (CALSA) is a community of diverse educational leaders skilled in addressing the needs of Latino/a students and dedicated to increasing the number of highly effective Latino/a administrators. Purpose The California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators is a professional association that advocates for the continued development and placement of Latino educational leaders who are committed to quality public education.
- Provide leadership in school administration and instructional capacity.
- Work cooperatively with other state and national administrative organizations to promote and advocate for quality public education.
- Provide mentoring opportunities for aspiring Latino educators.
- Provide networking opportunities for all members of the Association.
- Provide professional assistance to community groups, boards of education, and other leaders in, or related to, the field of education.
- Initiate research and provide data necessary to develop educational programs, which meet the educational needs of the community served by the membership.
- To serve as a source of information for employment opportunities in school administration.
- To provide members opportunities for professional growth activities.
Transforming Stakeholder Acceptance into Deep Agreement
There’s a big difference in stakeholders accepting a course of action versus agreeing wholeheartedly. Acceptance suggests a tolerance that may be... [more]
Getting to a Wholehearted Yes Moving from Buy-in to Ownership
Wholehearted agreement means moving stakeholders beyond buy-in for the decision-making process. Buy-in suggests a temporary or passive interest that fades... [more]
Assessing English Language Learners for Special Education: Legal...
The Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) mandates nondiscriminatory assessment practices for children of culturally and linguistically... [more]
School Leadership and Inclusion
School Leadership and Inclusion: How to Successfully Support the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities to the General Education Classroom The... [more]
Negotiators' Summit 2014
The 2014 Negotiators' Summit was held at the end of June in Palm Springs at the beautiful Renaissance Hotel. Hundreds of participants came together to... [more]
Being a Woman Leader in the 21st Century
What does it take to be a leader in the 21st century? How do women help support each other in these roles? Watch this video to hear it from today's leaders... [more]
Preparing for and Negotiating with the Retirement System Changes ...
SSDA, ACSA and Lozano Smith conduct a workshop focusing on the myriad of changes occurring with the California State Teachers’ Retirement System.
ACSAtv is a brand-new offering from ACSA, The Association of California School Administrators. This ongoing video series offers members informational,... [more]